Do any of these statements reflect how YOU feel about YOGA?
- You have always wanted to try yoga but the large group classes you see at gyms don’t feel right
- Your local studios are over-heated, over-crowded and you feel lost in the mass of bodies
- You have an existing injury that requires specific attention and needs care & professional conversation around it’s management
- You’ve been injured before in yoga and are concerned this could happen again
- You feel stagnant in what your current studio offers and would like to advance or try new things in a focused space
- You would like to learn more about other aspects of yoga like breathing practices and relaxation techniques that are not explored in more general classes…
If so then you are going to Love our new professional Clinical Yoga Service
As physiotherapists and experienced Clinical Yoga instructors, we focus on injury management, safe movement & managing musculoskeletal imbalances that are common instigators of injuries in yoga. In our private one on one sessions we will help educate you how to tailor your practice to safely and successfully join our small group classes (max 5 participants), or venture into those larger classes at big studios or gyms.
Benefits of Clinical Yoga
- Safe way to achieve your physical goals and get you back to doing what you love
- Specific to your needs and goals
- Boutique modern nurturing environment
- Your own personal Clinical Yoga mentor to help keep you on-track and motivated
- Enjoy a new found sense of flexibility, enhanced mobility and a deeper sense of calmness & well-being
Private Health Rebates: May apply depending on your Health Fund (some have rebates for Yoga) OR which instructor you see (Lisa is a Physiotherapist & Yoga Instructor & Private Health Rebates apply to her sessions)
Keeping you safe by working as a Team
Our experienced & Internationally Accredited Yoga Instructors work closely with our therapists (Physiotherapists, Myotherapists, Remedial Massage Therapists & Podiatrists) to tailor a Therapeutic Yoga program specifically suited to the needs of each client.
Getting specific for each client’s needs & goals
A full history and examination is performed following which a specific yoga sequence is designed to suit the needs and goals of each client.
Individual one on one sessions to get you comfortable and focussed on achieving your goals
Each client is then required to begin their Clinical Yoga practice on an individual one on one basis with their Clinical Yoga Instructor. This usually takes 2-3 one on one private sessions during which time this specific yoga sequence is modified according to their progress. Clients are given specific sequences to perform at home to assist them in becoming more independent and responsible for their own therapy and well-being. Clients can then choose to continue on in these individual sessions or progress into a small group class of maximum 5 participants. One one one private sessions will give you the grounding for further safe and effective yoga participation in any group type setting.
Small group class to make it more fun, affordable & sociable
Once each client has progressed through their individual sessions, they may choose to join a small group class where they will be able to continue on with their own modified poses and work towards achieving their specific goals.